5.09.2011

A dash of spontaneity

Yesterday was, if not perfect, almost...


We enjoyed the first taste of summer weather by having a picnic at White Rock Lake with our pup Eisley...


After ants found our blanket, we decided it was time to leave.
Instead of walking around the lake (it felt a little too like summer), we decided to drive around it with the windows down and a good Pandora station playing. Ahhh...

Well one turn led to another and we ended up on I-30. About this time, I turned to Neal and said, you know what sounds amazing right now? Common Grounds. (For those who don't know, CG is one of my absolute favorite places on earth...it's a coffee house in Waco) He smiled and instead of heading north to go home, turned our car toward Waco.

I love being spontaneous.

Not only was the weather perfect, I got a sweet little cat nap in the sunny car on the way there, AND when we got there, CG's flavor of the day was my favorite (Vanilla Nut Cream)! Oh, Cowboy Coffee, how I've missed you. You better believe I ordered a large...and bought another pound to bring back with me.

Then Neal and I took Eisley on a little tour de campus via the Bear Trail. Afterall, this was her first hometown. And what's even sweeter is that along the way, I got to hug one of my Baby Ruths, Christina!

I am very thankful for days like yesterday. I am more thankful for the husband I have for facilitating it.
I am even more thankful for the God who created it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment